Monday, August 6, 2012

Grand Marais MN to Toronto Ontario

Northern Minnesota is like a time machine. You get there end of June and before you know it.. It is August and you have a few days to make it to Toronto. I am glad to say I AM BACK ON THE ROAD!

While I was in Grand Marais and Tofte, I did a lot of this:
Fishing (getting skunked) with Dad and Craig



Craig getting the cars ready in Proctor. He didn't do well that weekend. I think it was all the pressure of little brother being there. 

Craig's station wagon. Carrying on the Horak Tradition. 

Easton blowing a corner..
Craig and Easton getting ready for the green flag
Craig blowing a corner..
Caught this northern lights display!










New/changed/improved moto parts:
New Regulator Rectifier 

Installed!

Spare sprockets and new bash guard w/ extra 2L tank.. for fuel or oil.. or vodka. What ever is most important.  


Removed the Fuel Filter from inside the tank and installed it outside. For easy access. 

Added temp gauge (ambient) top left, Voltage gauge top right and a power outlet. 

Rebuilt the front fork with new bushings, seals and full length gators. I also took apart, cleaned and greased the all the moving parts and pivot points in the rear suspension. 

New luggage from Giant Loop and a stainless spare parts can. The spare parts are in stacked in discs of foam with holes cut in them. 


I left Grand Marais MN the morning of the August 1 and headed north around the lake. It took me until Sunday evening to make it to Toronto. Thursday I had Rain and 50 degrees in the morning. Saturday I had 98 degrees until 7 at night. I didn't take very many pictures for some reason. Maybe I am not back in travel mode after sitting for a month.


Brother Craig and I just before leaving. This picture is shocking.

The North Shore.. up by Thunder Bay ON.

The East shore of lake Superior

The East shore of lake Superior
New travel fly rod! Its shorter then my tent poles!

A guy at the shipping depot signed Onterio. I didn't realize until now.. I think its spelled Ontario. He said I couldn't take a picture of him because of security reasons.
 So now I am in Toronto. I left Katy M with the shipping company today. We will be re-united in Dublin on the morning of the 9th after flying through the night. She gets to ride on the same plane as me! Oh, also please click on the links tab to see all the people who have helped me at the top of the page. If The Tire and Auto Lodge in Grand Marais, MN had a website.. I would put that on there also.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travel, Noahsy! Such gorgeous photos. The northern lights are breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete